Small businesses are amazing but they don’t want to be the best kept secret!
There are a lot more small businesses than most people realise.
small business (those with less than 20 employees) makes up 98% of American companies and 97% of Australian companies.
Through StartUp KickStart, our sister company, we help buddy entrepreneurs realise the change they want in their life. For some, this means starting their own business, social enterprise, community group or not-for-profit. They can work that out by downloading this free guide, “Should you create a business?”
Just in the last six months I’ve been privileged to speak with a number of amazing people in the business development stage.
Like the guy who is making it affordable for business owners to create their own apps. Or the photographer shining a light on incredible female entrepreneurs. There is the 21 year old who’s setting up his own food van. And the black-belt gym owner who wants to create a place where he can help teenagers in the local community find their purpose and direction.
These individuals are bringing their dreams to reality and I’m honoured to know them!
Small Business Saturday on 26 November, is a global day which celebrates and supports independent change makers, life grabbers and purpose driven business owners. In the lead up to it, I will be regularly highlighting a business to Startup KickStart subscribers and on social media.
A couple of things you should know about Small Business Saturday:
- I’ll be using Mailchimp Snap and testing it over the month. I’ve never used it before and it seems like a great way to share information! You’ll be able to read about my Mailchimp Snap findings in a later article, so you can see if it would work for your business.
- Mailchimp Snap is used for sending simple, photo-based emails from your phone.
- If you are a subscriber, feel free to contribute and shine the light on a small business you think is doing a great job: Just email me: A. a photo that reflects the business (remember – we are visual creatures, so make the image count), B. their url or social media link if they have one (Mailchimp Snap only allows for one link, so use the one they want to drive traffic to) and C. a very short explanation as to why they stand out, float your boat, ring your bell and make you wave your pom-poms. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, you never know, other subscribers might live around the corner or will be visiting soon!
- You need to be a subscriber to contribute, so sign up and ring the bell for a small business.
- After Small Business Saturday on 26 November 2016, I’ll check in with subscribers and see if you want this to continue or if we should tweak it.
- I’ll also be sharing it on my Instagram profile, where I already share shout outs for amazing people and businesses I experience.
I’m really looking forward to sharing this with you, testing out a new business tool, supporting small businesses and revealing the best-kept secrets!
Only 24 hours to go until the first one!!!!
Owner of Snowed Under Solutions & StartUp KickStartIf you like it, please share it